Saturday 27 June 2015

The Elephant Vanishes

Since December, I have read an uncountable lists of books, which includes the Percy Jackson and Mortal Instruments series, few of John Green's and Sydney Sheldon's novels and re- read (again) the Harry Potter series. So now more than a routine, reading has become an addiction. I finish one novel and immediately start another one without a break.

For the past two months my latest addiction is Haruki Murakami. I started with the (excellent) 'Norwegian Wood' and then read 'The Elephant Vanishes'.

The latter one constitutes of short stories with rather bizarre events and abrupt endings, which made me put down the book down more often than picking it up. Never before have I felt eager yet frustrated to finish a novel but I can't argue with the fact that it was a definitely good read!

Next up, 1Q84!

No comments:

Post a Comment