Saturday 9 September 2017

More of Budapest

I really miss Budapest.


I miss the bright, crisp weather, the cobbled walkways, the trams, the looooong hours of daylight - perfect for squeezing more things to see in a day, the rows and rows of tall buildings, the cyclists, the long slices of pizzas bursting with so.much.cheeeese, the basil leaves the Europeans use in their burgers, and of course these two,
   plus one who was busy in the office, while I was busy being a tourist in my own city.
While I was here, we climbed up the Citadel,



visited Margit Island, 

It's a beautiful island situated between Buda and Pest with its own small zoo, gardens, musical fountains, a water park, and statues and a chapel too!

It was refreshing to see families cycling together, friends playing together, and dogs chasing frisbees, with no sign of photos being taken, or anyone's face stuck up on their phone.
We paid Buda Castle another visit,

This time around, my brother and I visited the History museum, located in one section of the castle. Do me a favour, and go to the basement of the museum first. It's feels like
being inside a time travelling contraption, where all bits and pieces of history are concised into one. You enter into a large majestic room, filled with information about the construction evolution of the Castle and you can see huge stone columns, ornamentation displayed, which were recovered from the old structure, then walk downstairs, under thick brick arches, and enter the older part of the castle with a nip in the air, the grey stone walls and the dim lights.

Then re-enter into the newer refurbished part, with artefacts displayed from the Ottoman rule, WWI and WWII. I personally appreciated the war posters, and the small salt and pepper shakes filled with different smells from items sold in the market.


I also (finally) got a decent enough shot of both the Parliament and the Chain Bridge,


A wholesome month filled with good food, laughter, adventure and loads and loads of love.
Can someone send me back please?

No comments:

Post a Comment